Skip to content



Corporation / LLC Tax Returns

Please ask, call, and visit us regarding business tax extensions (due by IRS deadline annually).

Download Checklist.

To File Your Taxes Correctly, You'll Need:

  • All Form 1099s received by the corporation.
  • If we did not prepare last year’s corporation return – a copy of last 2 or 3 tax returns filed.
  • If this is the first year the corporation will file a tax return, we will need the organizational documents (Corporation Agreement, or if this is an LLC, Articles of Organization and Operating Agreement or Regulations), SS-4, names, addresses, and social security numbers for all shareholders or members..
  • % capital ownership for each shareholder or member and, if different, interest in profits and losses for each shareholder or member.
  • Copies of any notes payable by the corporation, whether they are secured or unsecured, and whether recourse or non-recourse.
  • Print outs of income (profit/loss) statement and balance sheet, and backup of QuickBooks files – if you have not kept computerized accounts, we’ll need your check register and a record of all deposits.
  • Listing of charitable contributions plus out-of-pocket expenses and mileage associated with charitable gifts.
  • Cash invested in the corporation by the shareholders, and any loans made by the shareholders to the corporation.
  • Cash distributed from the corporation to the shareholders as draws and loans made by the corporation to the shareholders.
  • Non-cash assets contributed to the corporation by the shareholders (for each asset, we need the fair market value of the asset when it was contributed and the shareholder’s basis in the asset at the time it was contributed).
  • Amounts paid by the corporation to the shareholders for services performed by the shareholders.
  • Copies of leases or other contracts entered into by the corporation during the year.
  • Forms 941 (all quarters), 940, W-2, W-3 and TWC reports for the employees of the corporation.
  • Form 1099(s) filed by the corporation.
  • Settlement statements for any real estate bought or sold.
  • Retirement plan information, if the corporation maintains a retirement plan.
  • Bank statements and reconciliations for at least the first and last months of the tax year Sales tax reports—monthly, quarterly or annual.
  • Any other financial information that would not be included in the above list – for example, unreimbursed expenditures made by shareholders on behalf of the corporation.
  • Anything else that you think might be relevant – it’s better to give us too much than to risk missing out on some deductions you’re legally entitled to take!.

To schedule a consultation or to discuss your taxes with our staff, please call us today. Bachleda & Rodriguez Companies would be more than happy to discuss your taxes and give you tips on how to get the best return. Please call, ask, and visit us regarding tax extensions. Don’t miss important deadlines!